This variation on a standard window box showcases both your flowers and their pots.
- 1 x 12-inch wooden board
- Measuring tape
- Drill with circle cutter
1. Cut a 1 x 12-inch wooden board so that it extends a few inches beyond the window on both sides.
2. Measure the pot’s diameter just below the lip (ours was 7-1/2 inches); divide by 2 for radius. Make a note of both numbers.
3. Mark the center of the board with a pencil; measure out from this mark, in each direction, the length of the pot’s diameter plus 2 inches. Mark these 2 points with a pencil.
4. Clamp the board to a work surface.
5. Set the circle cutter to the length of the pot’s radius.
6. Insert the drill bit into the center mark; cut hole for pot. Repeat with remaining 2 marks to cut 2 more holes.
7. Prime and paint board and brackets with exterior-quality finishes.
8. Screw brackets to board and then to wall.