A tip of our straw garden hat to Jean Hall, who was the first person to answer our last quiz correctly! (And we admit, some of those questions were tough.)
The answers were:
1. Johnny Appleseed; 2. Samwise Gamgee, from The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkein; 3. Thomas Jefferson; and 4. Michelle Obama. The bonus answers are Mary Lennox and Ben Weatherstaff, from The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
Ready to match wits again? Try our Labor Day quiz and then send us your answers (no fair looking them up on Google)!
1. Where is the National Symphony Orchestra’s free concert held every Labor Day? On the ___ ____ of the ____ ____.
2. What was the first state to make Labor Day a holiday?
3. What’s the most popular food we cook on the grill for Labor day?
4. What’s the most popular side dish we grill for Labor Day? (It goes great with the answer to question 3.)
5. According to tradition, Labor Day is the last day you should do something. What is it?