When your outdoor decor bursts with color, it adds drama, personality and points of interest. Color can provide a refreshing escape in your outdoor space. And best of all, you don’t need to spend a ton to make a big impact!
Check out these 6 simple ways to add color
1. Pillows. Put some outdoor pillows in your space for instant color. Pillows on hammocks, porch swings, patio furniture and along deck seating immediately dress up your decor. Even if the beach or lake isn’t your everyday backdrop, you’ll feel whisked away with some colorful pillows. You can even take your decorating to the next level with colorful cushions. Either way, you can’t go wrong with colorful outdoor pillows and cushions.
2. Flowerpots. A simple investment in colorful containers, pots and planters is one of the quickest and easiest ways to brighten up your outdoor space. Cluster your containers for quick and easy pops of natural color throughout your home and outdoor living space.
3. Colorful flowers and foliage. Add brightly-hued flowers and greenery for bursts of color on your porch or patio. Collections of colors in containers, window boxes, hanging baskets and urns allow you to easily move your living decor throughout outdoor space and garden.
4. Accent furniture. If you’ve got a neutral patio set, colorful accents such as garden stools can make a statement. This garden stool is eye-catching and doubles as a side table. Arrange cut flowers from your own garden in a vase on top for an added layer of color.
5. Outdoor rugs. With an outdoor rug, you’ll put pizzazz underfoot. The color red stimulates energy, while blue calms the soul. Both are popular outdoor rug colors, so simply pick the one that matches the tone of your outdoor living space. More on fresh inspiration for your outdoor decor.
6. Birdhouses. From birdhouses to hummingbird feeders, you’ve got lots of options for adding pops of color throughout your yard. Hand birdhouses from tree branches or display them out in the open on posts to entice your fine feathered friends. Check out our DIY birdhouse planter with succulent for instructions on how to make your own unique birdhouse.
Looking for more great gardening ideas? See our stories: