Make a beautiful terrarium table out of the Charlottetown Coffee Table from the Martha Stewart Living™ Collection at The Home Depot.
- 1 piece 29.75 x 15.75 inch plywood
- 2 pieces 29.75 x 3.5 inch plywood
- 2 pieces 14.75 x 3.5 inch plywood
- 4 galvanized corner braces
- Heavy-duty plastic tarp
- Power drill or screwdriver
- 6 galvanized 4-inch corner brackets
- Staple gun
- Small gravel, about 1 inch
- Orchid bark, about 1/2 inch to 1 inch
- Horticultural charcoal
- Potting soil
- Succulent plants
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Rubber bumpers
- Custom-cut tempered glass with clean edges, 34 inch x 20 inch
- Build a shallow box with plywood pieces and corner brackets. Line box with heavy-duty plastic tarp. Staple into place around the outside of the box and trim excess.
- Turn coffee table upside-down and remove the screws that secure the glass top. Carefully lift out the glass.
- Set table upright and screw corner brackets to holes left by glass screws. Lower box onto brackets; screw through brackets into box (optional).
- Add a 1-inch layer of gravel to bottom of box. Mix together 1 part horticultural charcoal with 3 parts orchid bark; layer about 1 inch of mixture on top of gravel. Add a thin layer of potting soil on top.
- Plant succulents in soil and generously spray with water.
- Adhere large clear rubber bumpers to custom-cut sheet of tempered glass and rest on top of the coffee table frame.
- Remove glass top to water occasionally; succulents only need to be watered every 10 to 14 days.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!