Make a beautiful terrarium table out of the Charlottetown Coffee Table from the Martha Stewart Living™ Collection at The Home Depot.
- 1 piece 29.75 x 15.75 inch plywood
- 2 pieces 29.75 x 3.5 inch plywood
- 2 pieces 14.75 x 3.5 inch plywood
- 4 galvanized corner braces
- Heavy-duty plastic tarp
- Power drill or screwdriver
- 6 galvanized 4-inch corner brackets
- Staple gun
- Small gravel, about 1 inch
- Orchid bark, about 1/2 inch to 1 inch
- Horticultural charcoal
- Potting soil
- Succulent plants
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Rubber bumpers
- Custom-cut tempered glass with clean edges, 34 inch x 20 inch
- Build a shallow box with plywood pieces and corner brackets. Line box with heavy-duty plastic tarp. Staple into place around the outside of the box and trim excess.
- Turn coffee table upside-down and remove the screws that secure the glass top. Carefully lift out the glass.
- Set table upright and screw corner brackets to holes left by glass screws. Lower box onto brackets; screw through brackets into box (optional).
- Add a 1-inch layer of gravel to bottom of box. Mix together 1 part horticultural charcoal with 3 parts orchid bark; layer about 1 inch of mixture on top of gravel. Add a thin layer of potting soil on top.
- Plant succulents in soil and generously spray with water.
- Adhere large clear rubber bumpers to custom-cut sheet of tempered glass and rest on top of the coffee table frame.
- Remove glass top to water occasionally; succulents only need to be watered every 10 to 14 days.