Container gardening is a great way to decorate patios and terraces. Watch Martha Stewart share her expert tips for filling large pots and arranging plants.
- 12- to 15-inch terra cotta container
- Blooming plants, such as galanthus, violas, hellebores, pansies, primrose, variegated comfrey, and ornamental kale
- Potting soil
- Gardening gloves
- Pack soil firmly into terra cotta container before planting, leaving an inch or two at top.
- Remove plants from the containers in which they came; loosen the roots.
- Arrange plants in container, all at the same depth, in desired formation. For instant impact, pack plants in tightly but with enough space to ensure there is air circulation.