An ode to Van Gogh: a deep bowl mounded with a variety of garden sunflowers, along with yarrow, zinnias, goldenrod, and heleniums.
- Wide−mouth vase or bowl
- Flower frog or clear cellophane tape
- Sharp knife or bypass pruners
- Fill vase with water, add flower food, and stir.
- Insert flower frog, or cover the top of vase with tape in a grid formation. This helps hold the flowers in place when the vase isn’t very deep.
- Cut the stems to length then start inserting the heavier sunflowers in dome formation.
- Next, add the zinnias, spacing them evenly around the sunflowers.
- Lastly, fill in the spaces with the lighter yarrow, goldenrod, and heleniums.