When garlic is cut, chopped, or smashed, a chemical reaction occurs and allicin is formed. Allicin is known to strengthen our immune systems, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, and help prevent blood clots. Garlic can easily be grown in your backyard, and fall is the best time to plant it.
Types of Garlic
- California, Early and Late
- Oregon Blue
- Red Toch
How To Braid Garlic
1. Moisten stems with water.
2. Start with two bulbs crossed over each other; continue to add garlic to the middle, then to both sides, then back to the middle, etc.
3. When adding each bulb of garlic, make sure the stem is placed in the middle of the braid.
4. When tying in the garlic with the outside stems, always finish with the stem in the center.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!