Smoked Prime Rib Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
- 8-10 pound bone-in rib-eye roast
- Traeger Prime Rib Rub
- Kosher Salt
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on ‘Smoke’ with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes).
- Set the temperature to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and heat, lid closed for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season the roast liberally with prime rib rub and a little bit of kosher salt. Don’t be afraid to go heavy as it is a large cut of meat.
- Place the roast directly on the grill grate and cook for about 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees Fahrenheit in the center. The temperature will rise as it rests to 130-135 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare. The ends will be closer to medium.
- Let the roast rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe and photo provided by Traeger Grills.