Whether its toys for the kids or pets or small tools for the garden, keeping a tidy landscape can seem like a never-ending task.
These easy to make terra cotta storage containers keep all of your outdoor essentials neatly stored and exactly where you need them. A container can even double as an ice bucket for parties when needed.
DIY Terra Cotta Storage CONTAINERs
Step 1: Decide need and location
- Look around your yard and decide what you need storage for. From a poolside ice bin to a convenient tool box, the possibilities are endless.
- The location can inspire the décor for the pot – customize each depending upon its purpose.
Step 2: Decorate your pot
- Choose a latex paint to accent the surrounding décor. You can also use chalky paint, available in many colors, to label the contents.
- If you plan on doing stripes or simple shapes you can use painters tape to outline borders. For more precise artwork, use stencils.
Step 3: Paint pot
- Once you have the painters tape or stencils in place, apply two coats of paint. Allow to dry.
- If the pot will be placed in an area where it will get wet, use a waterproof sealant to protect your artwork.
Step 4: Attach handles
- Lay cabinet handles on opposite sides of the terra cotta saucer, measuring the distance from the edges to ensure they are even. Mark those spots.
- Apply a liberal amount of super adhesive glue according to the package instructions to the saucer at the designated locations.
- Press the handles into the glue. Allow to dry thoroughly.
Tip: For a lighter option, use plastic planters.