Make a beautiful centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table using seasonal produce and fresh flowers. The best thing to do is to check your local grocery store or farmers’ market to see what is fresh and in season. To help your arrangement last as long as possible, mix in flower food, change the water regularly, and use a spray bottle to mist the arrangement.
You Will Need:
- Seasonal produce: may include ornamental kale, purple artichokes, lady apples, loquats, purple tulips, quinces, mint, rosemary, olives on branches, pomegranates, concord grapes, red seedless grapes, suckle pears
- Greenery: may include hypericum, ilex, rosehips, purple or green seeded eucalyptus, pittosporium
- Flowers: may include carnations, spray roses, calla lily
Thanksgiving Arrangement How-To
- Fit vessel with a protective liner if needed. Place a spiked flower frog inside; secure with floral adhesive. Fill halfway with water.
- Use wired wood picks for securing stemmed fruit (like grapes). Use bamboo skewers to spear fruit without stems.
- Insert produce and flowers; vary placement according to color and texture. Form a loose mound as you work; fill in gaps with branches or blooms.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!