A Labor Day party is the perfect way to end summer with a bang. Start early by planning a red, white and blue celebration for friends, family and neighbors. Throw a cookout, pool party or just decorate for the occasion.
Follow these tips to make your Labor Day more festive.
Decorate for Labor Day in Five Easy Steps:
- Give your patio furniture some TLC. Scrub it, paint it or buy new. Spray paint is an easy way to spruce up furniture. If yours is beyond help, most patio furniture is on sale now. Late summer is also a good time to buy new outdoor pillows and cushions.
- Replace tired plants in garden beds and freshen up containers with annual flowers. Buy pre-made flower baskets that are already grown and ready for the party. To make your own, plant flowers with ornamental grasses to add height and interest.
- Decorate with citronella plants, candles or torches to ward off mosquitoes. Place them where people congregate and provide guests with bug repellents, too.
- Remember to get festive party decorations, plates and cups. Search Pinterest for party food and favor ideas.
- Pull out the red, white and blue. Invest in a new American flag, but don’t throw your old one away. Instead, give it to a local Boy Scout troop to retire it properly.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!