Safeguard against hazardous slips and falls on the porch steps with several stripes of homemade sand paint. It’s simple to prepare and just as easy to apply.
You Will Need:
- Bag of fine sand (can be purchased at a crafts or hardware store)
- 1 can paint
- Painter’s tape
- Mixing stick
Slip-Proof Steps How-To
- Paint stairs completely with a coat of paint, then let dry.
- Use painter’s tape to outline 2-3 stripes running the length of each step.
- In a bucket, mix 2 cups paint with ¾ cup sand. Paint stripes with sand paint, keeping paint well-stirred as you work.
- Let sand paint dry completely before removing the tape. Finish with another coat of paint.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!