Safeguard against hazardous slips and falls on the porch steps with several stripes of homemade sand paint. It’s simple to prepare and just as easy to apply.
You Will Need:
- Bag of fine sand (can be purchased at a crafts or hardware store)
- 1 can paint
- Painter’s tape
- Mixing stick
Slip-Proof Steps How-To
- Paint stairs completely with a coat of paint, then let dry.
- Use painter’s tape to outline 2-3 stripes running the length of each step.
- In a bucket, mix 2 cups paint with ¾ cup sand. Paint stripes with sand paint, keeping paint well-stirred as you work.
- Let sand paint dry completely before removing the tape. Finish with another coat of paint.