To carry on the cheerful tradition of holly-bedecked halls, add berry accents to a circle of silver fir. Because holly dries out quickly, it’s best to display this wreath outside.
You Will Need:
- 22-inch-diameter silver fir wreath
- Large holly branches
- Floral shears
- Wired floral picks
- 2 yards of 6-inch-wide red satin ribbon
- U pins
- Trim holly branches with shears to make twelve 4-inch berry sprigs. Align each sprig stem with 1 floral pick, and wrap with wire to secure.
- Starting at bottom just off center of wreath, insert sprigs, continuing about 3/4 of the way up each side.
- Wrap a 1-foot ribbon length around bottom of wreath. Secure at back with U pins.
- Tie remaining ribbon length into a large bow. Attach to wreath with pins, inserting beneath bow to hide. Trim bow tails to desired length. To create scalloped edges, fold ends accordion-style into fourths and round end with scissors.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!