To carry on the cheerful tradition of holly-bedecked halls, add berry accents to a circle of silver fir. Because holly dries out quickly, it’s best to display this wreath outside.
You Will Need:
- 22-inch-diameter silver fir wreath
- Large holly branches
- Floral shears
- Wired floral picks
- 2 yards of 6-inch-wide red satin ribbon
- U pins
- Trim holly branches with shears to make twelve 4-inch berry sprigs. Align each sprig stem with 1 floral pick, and wrap with wire to secure.
- Starting at bottom just off center of wreath, insert sprigs, continuing about 3/4 of the way up each side.
- Wrap a 1-foot ribbon length around bottom of wreath. Secure at back with U pins.
- Tie remaining ribbon length into a large bow. Attach to wreath with pins, inserting beneath bow to hide. Trim bow tails to desired length. To create scalloped edges, fold ends accordion-style into fourths and round end with scissors.