Tender spinach tastes even better when topped with crumbled pancetta.
- 6 thin slices pancetta or 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 bunches flat-leaf spinach (about 2 1/2 pounds total), trimmed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add pancetta; cook until crisp, 4 to 6 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a paper-towel-lined plate; reserve fat in skillet.
- Add as much spinach as will fit in skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing spinach and adding more as it wilts. Continue to cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and pour off excess liquid; stir in lemon juice. Top with pancetta.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!