ROASTED HARVEST VEGETABLES
Roast veggies up to 1 day ahead; refrigerate. Reheat on two rimmed baking sheets in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- 4 carrots (about 3/4 pound), peeled, halved lengthwise and crosswise, thick pieces halved again
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 pound total), peeled and cut into 3-by-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled, seeded, and cut into 3-by-1/2-inch pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Divide carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and garlic between two rimmed baking sheets. Toss each batch with 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and starting to brown, 25 to 35 minutes, rotating sheets from top to bottom halfway through. Peel roasted garlic, return to vegetables, and serve.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!