With these icy pink drinks, your summer celebration will be made in the shade.
Everyday Food, July/August 2008
Yield: Serves 8
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar
- ½ medium seedless watermelon (about 9 pounds), rind removed, flesh cut into chunks
- 1 cup vodka (optional)
1. Squeeze lemons into a large pitcher; add squeezed lemon quarters.
2. Add mint and sugar; mash with a wooden spoon until mint is bruised and sugar is dissolved.
3. In a blender, puree watermelon in batches until smooth; pour through a fine-mesh sieve into pitcher (you should have about 8 cups of juice). Stir to combine. (Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days.) Add vodka, if using; serve over ice.
Grow your own watermelons with MSL Watermelon Seeds!