Everyday Food, July/August 2008
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Yield Serves 4
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored and sliced crosswise 1-inch thick
1. In a blender, combine basil, oil, vinegar and 1 tablespoon water. Blend until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
2. With dental floss or a warm knife (wiped clean after each slice), thinly slice cheese. Arrange tomatoes and goat cheese on a serving plate; drizzle with dressing to taste. Serve garnished with basil leaves.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!