This recipe for sweet and tangy sautéed bell peppers is delicious with pork chops or broiled salmon.
Everyday Food, July/August 2010
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 sweet bell peppers (any color), cut into thin slices
- 1 hot red chile (optional), sliced
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high.
2. Add onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion softens, 3 minutes.
3. Add bell peppers and chile, if using, and toss to combine.
4. Season with salt and pepper; add vinegar.
5. Stir to combine, cover, and cook until peppers soften slightly, 3 minutes.
6. Toss with oregano.