This recipe for sweet and tangy sautéed bell peppers is delicious with pork chops or broiled salmon.
Everyday Food, July/August 2010
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 sweet bell peppers (any color), cut into thin slices
- 1 hot red chile (optional), sliced
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high.
2. Add onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion softens, 3 minutes.
3. Add bell peppers and chile, if using, and toss to combine.
4. Season with salt and pepper; add vinegar.
5. Stir to combine, cover, and cook until peppers soften slightly, 3 minutes.
6. Toss with oregano.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!