Everyday Food, October 2006
Yield: Serves 4
- Olive oil, for baking sheet and drizzling
- Flour, for dusting surface
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, fresh, or thawed if frozen
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 6 cups (about 1/2 recipe) Roasted Fall Vegetables, drained and coarsely cut
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, optional
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 475° F. Brush a large baking sheet (preferably rimless) with oil, or line with parchment paper, if desired, for easy cleanup.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch dough into a 12-by-16-inch oval (or as large as will fit on baking sheet); transfer to sheet.
3. Sprinkle dough with half the mozzarella. Scatter vegetables on top, and dollop with ricotta; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and, if using, rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until bubbling and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!