- ½ small sugar pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ pound whole-grain pasta
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 minced anchovies (optional)
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Peel pumpkin and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 4 cups). Toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and honey. Roast on a baking sheet until tender, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and anchovies (optional) in a skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add walnuts and pumpkin. Toss to combine and heat through. Set aside.
4. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Toss pasta with 1/2 cup cooking water and stir in parsley and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Transfer to a bowl, and toss well with walnut and pumpkin mixture. Serve immediately.