- ½ small sugar pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ pound whole-grain pasta
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 minced anchovies (optional)
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Peel pumpkin and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 4 cups). Toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and honey. Roast on a baking sheet until tender, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and anchovies (optional) in a skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add walnuts and pumpkin. Toss to combine and heat through. Set aside.
4. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Toss pasta with 1/2 cup cooking water and stir in parsley and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Transfer to a bowl, and toss well with walnut and pumpkin mixture. Serve immediately.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!