Widely used in Mediterranean cooking, basil is aromatic and slightly pungent. Basil’s delicate leaves are best used raw or added at the end of the cooking process.
- 2 zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 2 yellow squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeds and ribs removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Heat grill to medium. Slice zucchini and squash 1/2 inch thick diagonally. Quarter bell peppers. 2. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with oil; season with salt and pepper. 3. Grill vegetables until tender, 6 to 8 minutes per side. 4. Return vegetables to bowl; toss with basil.