Grilled Corn Salad with Poblano Peppers
Yields: 6 servings
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes stemmed, rinsed, cut in half
- 1 package ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 poblano peppers
- 8 ears fresh corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- In a small bowl, mix the salad dressing mix and the butter together until well blended. Brush the corn with the butter mixture and grill over Kingsford® charcoal, together with poblano peppers, turning often until the corn is golden and the peppers are blackened.
- Remove the corn from the grill to cool, and place the peppers in a paper bag. Once cool enough to handle, peel, seed and stem the peppers and chop into ¼-inch pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- With a sharp knife, scrape the corn into the bowl with the peppers. Add the onion, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. In another bowl, stir the olive oil and vinegar together until emulsified. Pour the oil and vinegar mixture over the salad and toss until well-coated.
Recipe provided by Kingsford