Cucumbers and radishes are a good pair, each offering distinctive texture, flavor and color.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2005
- 1 English cucumber or 3 Kirby cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 large radishes (about 6 ounces), thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 ounces feta cheese, coarsely crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill, plus more sprigs, torn, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with the flat side of a large knife
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Put cucumber, radish and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Add cheese.
2. Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, dill, sugar and garlic in another medium bowl, whisking until sugar has dissolved. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream until emulsified.
3. Add vinaigrette to cucumber mixture; toss well. Garnish with dill. Discard garlic clove before serving. Refrigerate salad in an airtight container up to 1 hour.