Martha Stewart Living, July 2006
Makes about 1¾ cups
- 1¾ cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears) or frozen kernels
- 1/3 cup 2-percent milk
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered, or 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 cups baked white-corn chips (6 ounces)
1. Cook corn and milk in a skillet over medium-high heat until corn is tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool completely.
2. Puree 2/3 cup corn mixture, tofu, lime juice and salt in a food processor; season with pepper.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl, and stir in remaining corn mixture, the tomatoes and basil. Serve with chips.
Grow your own corn with MSL Corn Seeds!
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!