Martha Stewart Living, July 2006
Makes about 1¾ cups
- 1¾ cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears) or frozen kernels
- 1/3 cup 2-percent milk
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered, or 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 cups baked white-corn chips (6 ounces)
1. Cook corn and milk in a skillet over medium-high heat until corn is tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool completely.
2. Puree 2/3 cup corn mixture, tofu, lime juice and salt in a food processor; season with pepper.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl, and stir in remaining corn mixture, the tomatoes and basil. Serve with chips.
Grow your own corn with MSL Corn Seeds!