Everyone loves berries, including birds and animals. Take action this year to ensure the fruits of your labor don’t get eaten by someone other than you. A little protection keeps berries thriving season after season.
PROTECT WITH MESH NETTING:
- If birds and deer are a problem, cover bushes with netting after fruit appears.
- Netting can be affixed to raised beds, secured to the ground or wrapped up and over your berry bushes or trees.
- Installing netting only takes a few minutes.
PROTECT WITH NON-TOXIC REPELLENTS:
- Spread granular animal repellant evenly around the perimeter of your berry bushes.
- Or, spray liquid animal repellant liberally on bushes and around the perimeter of your garden.
- It’s important to reapply as often as directed on package instructions and always after a heavy rain.
Animals are less likely to eat fruit when plants are in containers on the deck or patio.