When paired together, tropicals and foliage transform your space into the perfect oasis for a season-long staycation.
If you want to make your spring and summer even more special, bring the tropics to your porch or patio to snazz up your outdoor spaces for a party. Or give as a gift that will be greatly appreciated.
Why? It’s simple. Tropical plants add color, pop and flair to any outdoor space.
HOW TO DECORATE WITH TROPICAL PLANTS AND GREENERY:
- Add color. Decide where a burst of tropical color and greenery would look best. Decks, patios, porches, doorways and yards are perfect for exotic tropicals.
- Add height. Elephant ears and caladiums set the tropical scene. Their big, showy leaves make a great backdrop or focal point, growing 3’-5’ high. Easy to plant in large containers, these tropicals add lots of height.
- Add flowers. Looking for flowers that bloom with tropical splendor? Try mandevilla and hibiscus plants to add the look and feel of paradise. Stunning in containers, these tropicals take the heat, come in a variety of colors and bloom all season long.
- Add ferns. Ferns make an instant impact with their texture and size. Hang several across the porch or place in large entrance urns.
- Add fragrance. The scent of the tropics is part of the experience. Waft heavenly fragrance by adding jasmine, gardenia or lilies to make your outdoor rooms blissfully aromatic.
- Add three. Lush palms immediately fill a space. Cluster three together on your patio or deck for a splash of greenery.
- Tie it all together by placing an orchid or anthurium as a beautiful centerpiece on your outside table or interspersed with the taller plants.
- Brighten up your party space with colorful accents on your porch or patio furniture. Pick a color that really pops and use it for throws, pillows, umbrellas or tablecloths.
- Inside, group flowering tropical plants in pots of the same or complementary colors for an extra wow factor.