Ferns are a lovely indoor plant that will brighten any room with intense color and can be planted successfully in a variety of containers.
You will need:
- Maidenhair fern
- Heavy-duty plastic bag
- Packing peanuts
- Potting soil
- Clump moss
Potting Ferns How-To
- Begin by lining your pot with a heavy-duty plastic bag to protect the container.
- Fill bottom of container with layer of packing peanuts.
- Place a piece of burlap over packing peanuts, and then add soil.
- Place ferns in container, and add more soil.
- Cut the plastic bag slightly higher than the soil surface but still out of sight.
- Cover surface with clump moss, and water.
- Wipe off the outside of container with a rag.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!