Ferns are a lovely indoor plant that will brighten any room with intense color and can be planted successfully in a variety of containers.
You will need:
- Maidenhair fern
- Heavy-duty plastic bag
- Packing peanuts
- Potting soil
- Clump moss
Potting Ferns How-To
- Begin by lining your pot with a heavy-duty plastic bag to protect the container.
- Fill bottom of container with layer of packing peanuts.
- Place a piece of burlap over packing peanuts, and then add soil.
- Place ferns in container, and add more soil.
- Cut the plastic bag slightly higher than the soil surface but still out of sight.
- Cover surface with clump moss, and water.
- Wipe off the outside of container with a rag.