Seeds are incredible. Your garden will bloom with colorful flowers when you add soil, water and sunshine. Inexpensive seeds are great for filling space and for gardeners on a budget.
Start seeds now to have a vibrant garden this fall.
To Start Flower Seeds Outdoors:
- Decide how much sun your garden gets and then buy seeds for sun or shade.
- Read seed packets to know how and when to plant.
- Clear the area of weeds and debris.
- Turn over soil, breaking up clumps. Remove rocks and roots.
- Rake soil smooth.
- Plant seeds at the depth recommended on the seed packet. Label varieties.
- Compress seeds lightly, making sure not to bury them.
- Water gently until seedlings are 4-6″ tall. Don’t let the soil dry out.