Fall is a great time to change up your garden.
From mums and pansies to violas and ornamental kale, a new crop of flowers debuts in fall. These plants come in a rainbow of colors, laugh at cold weather, and bloom continually for weeks and weeks.
Grab a trowel and keep the color coming.
How to Plant Mums and Their Cool Friends:
- Choose plants for sun or shade. A Garden Center associate can help you pick the best plants for the right spot.
- Ease plants out of pots and gently loosen roots.
- Dig a hole wider than, but only as tall as, the plant’s container. Use the empty pot as a guide.
- Put plants in holes but don’t plant too deep. The top of the plant should be level with soil.
- Fill with soil and tamp down gently to eliminate air pockets.
- Water thoroughly.
- Add 2-3” of mulch, keeping the mulch away from the base of the plant.
- Feed weekly to produce the most flowers.
Remove spent blossoms to encourage even more flowers.