Sponsored by Scotts Miracle-Gro
A raised garden bed allows you to personalize your yard while giving your plants a place to thrive regardless of the quality of your soil.
1. Buy a raised garden bed kit from The Home Depot Garden Center. Choose a bed that is no more than four feet wide and at least seven to eight inches deep.
2. Find a level spot in your yard that gets at least six hours of direct sunlight. Mark out the area and either remove the grass or cover it with cardboard to keep weeds from growing up into the bed.
Follow the instructions in your raised bed kit to assemble the frame.
3. Fill the bed with Nature’s Care® Organic Raised Bed Soil, which is full of nutrients and organic matter. Plant your vegetables and herbs. Water thoroughly right after planting, then whenever the top inch of soil is dry.
4. Personalize your raised bed garden. Add garden décor that expresses your own personal style, such as small statues, sculptures, driftwood — whatever catches your eye.
5. After a month, begin feeding plants a power-packed meal of Nature’s Care® Organic & Natural Raised Bed Plant Food so your raised bed garden will continue to grow big and strong.
6. Take a moment to appreciate this wonderful addition to your home and life.