Organize tools with a hanging storage station made of basic pegboard. Items will be in plain sight and within reach when needed, and everything on the pegboard is removable and adjustable, which makes changes or updates easy.
Tools and Materials
- Circular saw or jigsaw (optional)
- Satin or semi-gloss paint
- Hanging hardware: 2 D rings
- Pegboard hardware and hook holders
Pegboard Organizer How-To
- Begin with a piece of pegboard. Because pegboard usually comes in large sheets, either get the board cut to fit inside your frame where you buy it or use a circular saw or a jigsaw to cut the pegboard to size at home.
- Paint pegboard with satin or semi-gloss paint in a color of your choice. Let dry overnight.
- Insert the painted pegboard into the frame and secure.
- Attach the hanging hardware — two D rings — to the back of the frame to hang pegboard on wall.
- Add pegboard hardware and hook holders to the front side of board to hold your supplies. Be sure to snap the pegboard hook holders in completely to keep the hardware from wobbling.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!