This beautiful wall hanging made of orchids and cork bark is a perfect handmade gift for anyone who loves plants.
Tools and Materials
- Screw eyes
- Cork bark
- Miniature orchids
- Small paintbrush
- Long-handled tweezers
- Sphagnum moss
- Large needle
- Fern moss
- Live Spanish moss
- Spray bottle filled with pure water
1. Put screw eyes into back of cork bark. Attach hanging wire, threading through screw eyes; set aside.
2. Unwrap orchids and clean the roots using water, a brush, and tweezers.
3. Find a good opening on bark where the orchid roots will be able to nestle. Fill crevice with pre-moistened sphagnum moss. Place orchid roots on moss. Press two T-pins into the bark on either side. Tie monofilament onto one pin, leaving two ends. Attach to other pin, using a large needle to thread the monofilament through the roots to secure.
4. Lightly pack fern or Spanish moss around the roots, concealing monofilament and pins.
5. Spray with water.