This beautiful wall hanging made of orchids and cork bark is a perfect handmade gift for anyone who loves plants.
Tools and Materials
- Screw eyes
- Cork bark
- Miniature orchids
- Small paintbrush
- Long-handled tweezers
- Sphagnum moss
- Large needle
- Fern moss
- Live Spanish moss
- Spray bottle filled with pure water
1. Put screw eyes into back of cork bark. Attach hanging wire, threading through screw eyes; set aside.
2. Unwrap orchids and clean the roots using water, a brush, and tweezers.
3. Find a good opening on bark where the orchid roots will be able to nestle. Fill crevice with pre-moistened sphagnum moss. Place orchid roots on moss. Press two T-pins into the bark on either side. Tie monofilament onto one pin, leaving two ends. Attach to other pin, using a large needle to thread the monofilament through the roots to secure.
4. Lightly pack fern or Spanish moss around the roots, concealing monofilament and pins.
5. Spray with water.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!