Also called grape hyacinth, muscari is a royal blue bulb that begins to bloom in April. A few of these simple arrangements make a wonderful nature-inspired scene perfect for a table or a mantle.
Tools and Materials
- Muscari blooms
- Clump moss
- Ball jars
- Wooden stump vases
- Tissue paper
- Gardening shears
Muscari Arrangement How-To
- Position clump moss inside a decorative wooden vase.
- Place ball jar inside vase so that it is surrounded by clump moss.
- Tuck in additional clump moss to conceal jar.
- Fill jar with tepid water.
- Trim the bottoms of cut muscari blooms with gardening shears, and place them inside jar.
Tip: Mist the moss daily; midway through the week, trim the ends of muscaris and change the water.