Also called grape hyacinth, muscari is a royal blue bulb that begins to bloom in April. A few of these simple arrangements make a wonderful nature-inspired scene perfect for a table or a mantle.
Tools and Materials
- Muscari blooms
- Clump moss
- Ball jars
- Wooden stump vases
- Tissue paper
- Gardening shears
Muscari Arrangement How-To
- Position clump moss inside a decorative wooden vase.
- Place ball jar inside vase so that it is surrounded by clump moss.
- Tuck in additional clump moss to conceal jar.
- Fill jar with tepid water.
- Trim the bottoms of cut muscari blooms with gardening shears, and place them inside jar.
Tip: Mist the moss daily; midway through the week, trim the ends of muscaris and change the water.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!