Celeriac is also called celery root or celery knob.
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 pound celeriac, peeled and sliced 1 1/2 inches thick
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place potatoes and celeriac in a medium saucepan, and fill with enough cold water to cover by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat; add salt generously. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until vegetables are tender when pierced with a paring knife, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Pass potatoes and celeriac through a ricer or food mill into a serving bowl. Add sour cream and butter, and stir until combined. Stir in nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!