Put the piney zip of rosemary to work in a sparkling herbal sipper made with refreshing grapefruit juice. This drink makes a celebratory non-alcoholic sipper perfect for a brunch or holiday party.
Start with a simple syrup that you steep with rosemary leaves. The flavored simple syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week, ready for a week’s worth of rosemary mocktails.
Rosemary simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- In a saucepan, combine ingredients over medium heat. Bring to a boil, occasionally stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Steep for 30 minutes.
- Remove rosemary leaves. Store flavored simple syrup in a clean glass jar in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktail
- 4 ounces grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce rosemary simple syrup
- 3 ounces club soda
- Sprig of rosemary
- Combine ingredients in a glass. Garnish with rosemary.