You can boost the height and visual drama of any arrangement with the help of a serving bowl from the kitchen or china cabinet. Set a vase inside the bowl, and then fill both vessels with billowing flowers.
Tools And Materials
- Serving bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Tall vase
- Floral adhesive
- Blocks of floral foam, cut to fit bowl and soaked in water for 20 to 30 minutes
- Lilacs (or other flowers)
- Line bowl with plastic wrap.
- Place floral adhesive on underside of vase. Set vase in bowl.
- Fill bowl with soaked floral foam. Arrange lilac stems in foam.
- Add water to vase, and fill with more lilacs.
Hammer the tips of the lilac stems until frayed. This will help them absorb water.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!