You can boost the height and visual drama of any arrangement with the help of a serving bowl from the kitchen or china cabinet. Set a vase inside the bowl, and then fill both vessels with billowing flowers.
Tools And Materials
- Serving bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Tall vase
- Floral adhesive
- Blocks of floral foam, cut to fit bowl and soaked in water for 20 to 30 minutes
- Lilacs (or other flowers)
- Line bowl with plastic wrap.
- Place floral adhesive on underside of vase. Set vase in bowl.
- Fill bowl with soaked floral foam. Arrange lilac stems in foam.
- Add water to vase, and fill with more lilacs.
Hammer the tips of the lilac stems until frayed. This will help them absorb water.