Don’t let insects spoil your outdoor fun this summer. Control ticks, fleas, chiggers and other insects before they multiply, or worse — sting or bite you, your children or pets.
Outdoor insecticides kill on contact and keep pests from coming back all summer. With early application, kids can play on the lawn without fear of painful tick or chigger bites, and your pets can run without picking up ticks and fleas.
Select concentrated liquid yard insecticides with an applicator that simply hooks up to the garden hose. This kind of applicator ensures there’s no leftover mix. Yard pesticides you mix with water and apply with a portable pump sprayer create problems when you need to dispose excess product at the end.
There are natural, organic pest sprays that are safer for children and animals. These must be applied every 24-48 hours or after heavy rains.
How to Apply Insecticide to Lawn and Paving:
- Select an insecticide designated for outdoor use and for the specific bugs you wish to control.
- Choose a container that comes ready to hook up to the garden hose so it applies the perfect dilution rate as you spray.
- Read the label for application rates and safety recommendations before using product.
- Choose an application day that’s dry, with no rain in the immediate forecast.
- Wear rubber gloves, eye protection and a face mask before spraying.
- Apply insecticide carefully to ensure it evenly covers the entire lawn and other outdoor living spaces.
- Do not water for 24 hours to maximize efficiency.