Make holiday gift-giving meaningful and easy with these five handpicked, last-minute Christmas gift ideas. These last-minute gifts will save the day whether you make or buy them.
Need a hostess gift for a holiday gathering? From houseplants to garden tools, these make perfect yet versatile gifts for family, friends and neighbors.
5 Last-Minute Christmas Gift Ideas Gardeners will love
1. DIY houseplant in a can. For very little cost and less than 30 minutes, you can upcycle tin dog food cans and other food cans. Simply remove labels, drill drainage holes in the bottom and spray paint a bright and cheerful color. Decorate your cans with burlap tape and jute twine. Fill with potting soil and plant a succulent, cactus or other houseplant, such as cyclamen or a mini poinsettia.
Need an even quicker gift? Try this alternative: Garden-in-a-Can. Just attach a bow and deliver.
Total cost: less than $10.
2. Gardening tools. Get the gardener in your life something special that won’t break your budget. Fill a flowerpot with a new gardening trowel, soil scoop, hand weeder or other garden hand tools. Look for individual tools or a tool set, including several for kids.
If it’s in the budget, how about a new pair of gardening gloves.
Total cost: less than $25.
3. Make a terrarium. Terrariums make perfect last-minute gifts. Using just a handful of materials, these mini garden terrariums are incredibly easy to put together.
You can even make several at once. Learn how to make a terrarium.
Total cost: less than $50.
4. Pull from your harvest. Just when you thought you didn’t have a gift, think again. If you preserved your harvest, whether canned salsa, tomato sauce, jam or more, these fresh foods make the gift special and are a token of affection from your own garden.
No garden harvest to pull from? No problem. Just buy store-bought ingredients and jar this fresh and zesty salsa or pesto recipe. An alternative is to make rosemary infused honey or other herb inspired gifts from your garden.
Total cost: varies.
5. Gift card. If you’re super pressed for time, give a The Home Depot gift card. That way, your favorite gardener can go pick something of their choosing in the Garden Center, such as a new indoor plant or seed starting kit.
After all, any gift will inspire your favorite gardener to create an indoor or outdoor garden, or both!
Total cost: varies.