Presented by Scotts Miracle-Gro
Get twice as much out of your landscape by using edible herbs. Choosing edible plants will not only brighten your yard, but it also provides an extra tasty reward every time you harvest.
1. Plant parsley around a garden bed. It creates a great edging and can also be harvested.
2. Make sure you are planting in a nutrient-rich soil, like Miracle-Gro® All Purpose Garden Soil. It contains plant food that will help your plants grow. Mix three inches of Miracle-Gro® in with the top inches of the existing soil.
3. Tall, bush-style herbs like rosemary, can act as hedges around air conditioning units. It’s a great edible plant that is a terrific way to cover structures you’d prefer not to have in plain view.
4. Sidewalks and other walkways can also have edible edges. Plant lavender along your walkway, it is a great border.
5. All your edible accents need to be fed with plant food a month after planting. Miracle-Gro® Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food keeps the nutrients coming.
6. Using edible herbs as landscaping accents not only shows you’ve got good taste, but it’ll taste good, too!