This week’s Garden Club quiz honors and remembers those who serve or have served in our American military. What do you really know about this special day? Read the questions below, and send us your best guesses.
(Play fair, and resist that urge to look these up on Google.)
And…how did you score on last week’s quiz, which was about winterizing your home and landscape? The correct answers were: 1B (15 x 18); 2. it stops drafts; 3. Himalayas; 4. a humidifier; 5. LED lights. Bonus answer: chionophobia.
Ready? Let’s go:
1. The original name for Veterans Day was _____ _____.
2. What’s the main difference (besides the date) in Veterans Day and Memorial Day?
3. True or false: Britain, France, Australia, and Canada also commemorate the veterans of World Wars I and II.
4. True or false: Britain and France call the day they remember veterans, “Remembrance Day.”
5. What famous WWII American military hero was born on Nov. 11–although he was born in 1885, before Veterans Day was officially proclaimed?
We send our grateful thanks to all those who have served, or are currently serving, in the American military forces!