Did you get the right answers on last week’s quiz? They were: 1. the Trojan Horse; 2. combs; 3. swans; and 4. a goose.
This time, show us your smarts about holiday plants!
Jot down the first letter of your answer to each question below. Then unscramble the letters to reveal a holiday word.
1. The ancient Romans used holly to honor ______, the god of agriculture. (Hint: it’s also the name of a planet.)
2. Fill in the blank: Poinsettias are ______ to Mexico.
3. The plant shown below is often sold pre-potted, so it will bloom during the holidays. It’s an _________.
4. If your Christmas Cactus flowers in November, you might actually have a __________ cactus.
5. An ______ wreath is made of evergreen branches and candles that are lit in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
Remember, use the first letter of each of the 5 answers to unscramble a holiday word: _ _ _ _ _