Hanging baskets extend a touch of the garden to your home. You can hang them outside on your patio, off your deck, or even from a tree.
Tools and Materials
- 14-inch wire basket
- Planting pot
- Slow-release fertilizer, such as Osmocote
Hanging Basket How-To
1. Stand wire basket in an empty pot to stabilize it.
2. Layer basket with 1-inch-deep layer of sphagnum.
3. Add plants (position each plant so its crown is level with the soil).
4. Add soil (fill soil an inch or so below the rim to prevent water runoff).
5. When basket is complete, add 2 tablespoons of a slow-release fertilizer such as Osmocote to potting soil.