If your preferred container bursts with brightly-colored flowers for a classic look, we’ll help you choose the right blooms that will take you through the heat of summer.
Gardening in containers is one of the easiest ways to drench your outdoor space with beauty and color. Pick blooms that are heat-tolerant and low-maintenance and require little water.
Create the above planter combination for a warm and cool color scheme:
- Start with a 12-inch container.
- Plant this Proven Winners “Bahama Beach” combination using two Superbells Lemon Slice Calibrachoa, two Supertunia Bordeaux petunias and a pair of Laguna Sky Blue Lobelia.
- For long-lasting blooms, place the container in full sun and feed with water-soluble flower fertilizer monthly.
With pots and planters, it’s easier to control weeds and watering. In addition, you can easily change the look by switching out annuals from summer to fall and then tuck in bulbs for late winter and early spring color.
Cluster planters together for a lived-in look. Use neutral planters with pops of color to add points of interest. See more ideas on classic containers.
See more great stories on containers:
- Top Tips for Successful Container Gardening
- 5 of Our Favorite Container Garden Fillers
- 5 of Our Favorite Container Garden Thrillers
- 5 of Our Favorite Container Garden Spillers
- 7 Color Combos that Work for Beautiful Container Gardens