Hard-neck garlic cannot be braided into decorative ropes. As an alternative, make beautiful decorative bundles of garlic, tied with fresh rosemary, sage, and oregano, then finished off with a raffia bow.
These bundles make lovely gifts that can be hung on walls or door frames. And the aroma of the herbs adds an unexpected touch.
Tools and Materials
- 9 to 12 heads of garlic, long stems attached
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh sage
- Fresh oregano
Garlic Bunches How-To
- Clean sprigs of garlic, removing skin and debris. Do not remove the stems.
- Trim roots of garlic heads.
- Arrange 3 or 4 heads of garlic together, forming a small bunch.
- Add generous sprigs of rosemary, oregano, and sage to the bunch.
- Using raffia, tie the garlic and herbs together, forming a bundle.
- Tie 4 or 5 small bundles together, forming one big bunch.
- Tie the decorative bunch with a raffia bow.