Hard-neck garlic cannot be braided into decorative ropes. As an alternative, make beautiful decorative bundles of garlic, tied with fresh rosemary, sage, and oregano, then finished off with a raffia bow.
These bundles make lovely gifts that can be hung on walls or door frames. And the aroma of the herbs adds an unexpected touch.
Tools and Materials
- 9 to 12 heads of garlic, long stems attached
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh sage
- Fresh oregano
Garlic Bunches How-To
- Clean sprigs of garlic, removing skin and debris. Do not remove the stems.
- Trim roots of garlic heads.
- Arrange 3 or 4 heads of garlic together, forming a small bunch.
- Add generous sprigs of rosemary, oregano, and sage to the bunch.
- Using raffia, tie the garlic and herbs together, forming a bundle.
- Tie 4 or 5 small bundles together, forming one big bunch.
- Tie the decorative bunch with a raffia bow.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!