Beautiful centerpieces really make a table. Use seasonal flowers like violas in this tiered display by employing galvanized buckets and trays—they are inexpensive, readily available, and make a big impact.
Galvanized buckets and trays of any size may be used to make this display fit in any space; just be sure to maintain their general size ratio.
Tools and Materials
- Needle-nose pliers
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Seasonal flowers, such as violas
- Potting soil
- Approximately 25 4-inch pots
- 6 1/4-inch and 5-inch galvanized buckets
- 16-inch, 12-inch, and 8-inch galvanized trays
Floral Display How-To
- Use needle-nose pliers to unbend bucket handles and remove them from the buckets.
- Using a hot-glue gun, secure buckets to trays:
- -Adhere 6 1/4-inch bucket upside down to 16-inch tray.
- -Adhere 12-inch tray to base of the 6 1/4-inch bucket.
- -Adhere 5-inch bucket upside down to the 12-inch tray.
- -Adhere 8-inch tray to base of 5-inch bucket.
- Plant 2 violas in each of the 4-inch pots with potting soil. Water well.
- Arrange violas in pots on the tiered display.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!