Beautiful centerpieces really make a table. Use seasonal flowers like violas in this tiered display by employing galvanized buckets and trays—they are inexpensive, readily available, and make a big impact.
Galvanized buckets and trays of any size may be used to make this display fit in any space; just be sure to maintain their general size ratio.
Tools and Materials
- Needle-nose pliers
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Seasonal flowers, such as violas
- Potting soil
- Approximately 25 4-inch pots
- 6 1/4-inch and 5-inch galvanized buckets
- 16-inch, 12-inch, and 8-inch galvanized trays
Floral Display How-To
- Use needle-nose pliers to unbend bucket handles and remove them from the buckets.
- Using a hot-glue gun, secure buckets to trays:
- -Adhere 6 1/4-inch bucket upside down to 16-inch tray.
- -Adhere 12-inch tray to base of the 6 1/4-inch bucket.
- -Adhere 5-inch bucket upside down to the 12-inch tray.
- -Adhere 8-inch tray to base of 5-inch bucket.
- Plant 2 violas in each of the 4-inch pots with potting soil. Water well.
- Arrange violas in pots on the tiered display.