Dress up any room with a few simple tricks for creating beautiful flower arrangements.
Chinese Lantern Vase
Enhance a basic vase by covering it with a paper lantern.
- Center a cylindrical vase over bottom opening of Chinese lantern. Trace around bottom of vase; cut out opening with scissors, using wire cutters to remove any wire in the way.
- Bind cut edge of lantern with masking tape to prevent fraying.
- Turn lantern right side up and position top over vase so that metal hooks rest on the vase’s lip. Extend bottom of lantern and tape to underside of vase.
- Carefully pour water into vase, and arrange branches inside.
Twig Flower Frog
Flowers will stand up nice and straight when you fill the vase with rustic cut twigs.
- Cut thick twigs to be approximately 1/2 inch lower than the rim of a low vase.
- Place cut twigs into vase, carefully pour in water, and insert flowers.
Keep tulips from bending over the sides of your vase with a strategically placed glass.
- Place a straight-sided glass in the center of a wide-mouth vase. Carefully pour water into glass, and insert tulips.
To learn More: http://www.marthastewart.com/341189/flower-arranging-tricks