Dress up any room with a few simple tricks for creating beautiful flower arrangements.
Chinese Lantern Vase
Enhance a basic vase by covering it with a paper lantern.
- Center a cylindrical vase over bottom opening of Chinese lantern. Trace around bottom of vase; cut out opening with scissors, using wire cutters to remove any wire in the way.
- Bind cut edge of lantern with masking tape to prevent fraying.
- Turn lantern right side up and position top over vase so that metal hooks rest on the vase’s lip. Extend bottom of lantern and tape to underside of vase.
- Carefully pour water into vase, and arrange branches inside.
Twig Flower Frog
Flowers will stand up nice and straight when you fill the vase with rustic cut twigs.
- Cut thick twigs to be approximately 1/2 inch lower than the rim of a low vase.
- Place cut twigs into vase, carefully pour in water, and insert flowers.
Keep tulips from bending over the sides of your vase with a strategically placed glass.
- Place a straight-sided glass in the center of a wide-mouth vase. Carefully pour water into glass, and insert tulips.
To learn More: http://www.marthastewart.com/341189/flower-arranging-tricks
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!