Looking for a Father’s Day gift for a dad who likes a little char on his dinner? Sometimes the things die-hard grillers need most are the tools that didn’t make it onto the shopping list.
To show how to cover those little gaps in dad’s repertoire, the associates at one of our Home Depot stores put together this Griller’s Upgrade Kit as a model for shoppers looking for the perfect Father’s Day gift.
Start with a galvanized tub — useful for disposing leftover charcoal and ash, or ice for cool drinks — then fill it with any and all of the outdoor cooking accessories a well-equipped chef might use.
Replacement tongs, spatulas and cleaning brushes are always a smart idea. Here are our recommendations for less obvious additions to your kit:
- A double hamburger press lets dad quickly form perfect hamburger patties.
- Intensifying the flavor of meats is easier with a marinade injector.
- An infrared thermometer helps keep temperatures consistent.
- A pizza stone lets him emulate Italian-style wood fire pizza ovens.
- A quesadilla basket adds a little char-grilled flavor to fiesta night.
- Round out fiesta night with a taco rack.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!