Give terra cotta pots an aged look by painting them white and then sanding the color for an uneven finish. Finish the look with a trim of delicate seashells. Get your children involved by having them hunt for the shells!
- White latex paint, flat finish
- Selection of terra cotta pots
- Variety of seashells (uniform in size and appearance)
1. To weather a pot, combine 1 part paint with ½ part water.
2. Apply to pot with a paintbrush and let dry 1 hour.
3. Working in a well-ventilated area, sand pot with medium-grit sandpaper until desired look is achieved.
4. Gather seashells or purchase them at craft stores or online.
5. Affix shells to rim of pot with tacky glue; use tweezers to adhere smaller shells.