Give terra cotta pots an aged look by painting them white and then sanding the color for an uneven finish. Finish the look with a trim of delicate seashells. Get your children involved by having them hunt for the shells!
- White latex paint, flat finish
- Selection of terra cotta pots
- Variety of seashells (uniform in size and appearance)
1. To weather a pot, combine 1 part paint with ½ part water.
2. Apply to pot with a paintbrush and let dry 1 hour.
3. Working in a well-ventilated area, sand pot with medium-grit sandpaper until desired look is achieved.
4. Gather seashells or purchase them at craft stores or online.
5. Affix shells to rim of pot with tacky glue; use tweezers to adhere smaller shells.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!