Celebrate the new season by decorating outdoors with fall’s warm, earthy colors.
Go beyond pumpkins on the front steps by having fun and getting creative.
Decorate the Outdoors for Fall:
- Slip potted shrubs with bright fall foliage into containers. Place on either side of your front door. Water as needed and before it freezes, plant shrubs in the ground.
- Use pumpkins and gourds of all shapes, colors and sizes to line your front walkway or cluster on your porch. Add luminarias or solar lanterns to brighten the evenings.
- Fill window boxes with potted ornamental grasses, cabbages and kales. Top with decorative moss or branches of leaves to hide the pots.
- Arrange branches of leaves and berries in containers. Accent with grasses, pumpkins and ornamental cabbages and kales.
- Fill a large urn 2/3’s with empty plastic bottles or jugs. Pile pumpkins and squash in a pyramid shape. Fill gaps with decorative moss. Use as a centerpiece in the garden.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!