Decorate a planter for the holidays with a pre-made wreath, live greenery and beautiful frosted ornaments.
You will need:
- Martha Stewart Living™ Frosted Traditions Ornament Ball Wreath
- Martha Stewart Living Frosted Traditions Ornaments 101-pack
- 22-inch cast stone urn in granite finish
- Live greenery (spruce, noble fir, white pine, cedar, eucalyptus, etc.)
- Plastic drop cloth
- Bubble wrap
- Pruning shears
- Fill the urn two-thirds of the way to the top with bubble wrap.
- Cut the plastic drop cloth into a circle a few inches wider than the urn. Cover bubble wrap with plastic drop cloth and tuck edges beneath the lip of the urn to create a “bucket” for the sand. Add sand.
- Place the greenery into sand and arrange decoratively, draping longer branches over the edge of the planter.
- Place the Frosted Traditions Ornament Wreath on top of the greenery.
- Fill in the wreath opening with loose or glued ornament balls. Be sure to hide the ornament caps from view.
- Keep filling in the center of the wreath for a full, gorgeous display.
Got questions about this article or any other garden topic? Go here now to post your gardening ideas, questions, kudos or complaints. We have gardening experts standing by to help you!